After doing a perfect exercise and diet to loose weight, you may be seeing some loose skin after weight loss on some part of your body. This is a common problem most of us face after loosing a large amount of weight.
People may feel discomfort and self-consciousness after seeing loose skin on their bodies. Well, in time, the loose skin may get improvements but in some cases, surgery is required.
Table of Contents
There are several causes that influence loose skin after weight loss. Skin is the largest part of our body and not to be ignored most sensitive too.
During weight gain, our muscle increases and so to make some room for this expansion, our skin gets expanded. Around 80% of our skin is made up of Collagen which is the reason for skin’s firmness and strength.
When we gain some weight, the expansion stays with the increased muscle. On being expanded for a longer period of time, the skin loses its retraction properties, which results in loose skin.
There are some factors which are mention below that causes loose skin after weight loss :
- Age: The skin becomes less elastic with the age. You may have seen old age people have loose skin even they haven’t done any weight loss exercise or diet.
- Huge Weight loss: When you loose a large amount of weight, the skin doesn’t retracts and results in loose skin.
- Genetic: Genes determines the elasticity property of the skin.
- Nutrition: Keeping your body healthy means your skin is also well nourished. The less amount of nutrition intake may results in loose skin earlier with age.
- Water: Our skin and body is nourished with water. Water contains a number of minerals and vitamins that act as a shield to our body. The amount of water intake determines most of the body functions including skin.
- Smoking: Smoking leads to faster aging as compared to healthy person.
- Sun exposure: Sun exposure seems to reduce the skin’s collagen which results in loose skin symptoms.
How to avoid loose skin after weight loss?
If you’re willing to loose a larger amount of weight in a shorter period of time, it is most likely to have loose skin. Consider loosing your weight slowly, so your skin gets some time to adjust. It is also recommended option from experts to avoid skin sagging.
Natural remedies may provide you with some benefits and cure to loose skin but it won’t completely help you to get rid of loose skin. If you’ve loose some small amount of weight and noticed saggy skin, then these natural remedies may improve your skin condition.
resistance training helps you to build muscle mass while loosing weight. These gains in muscle mass may help improve the appearance of loose skin.
Nutrition and Vitamins
The inner skin and muscles are made up of protein and 80% of which is Collagen. Adding some nutrients that help in Collagen production may show some improvement in skin sagging.
- Protein: Protein is vital for skin texture and muslce building from inside.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C synthesises collagen and also protects the skin from sun exposure.
- Water: Water intake is essential for several vital functions of the body. It also determines the skin health.
Some skin care creams contain collagen which helps in the tightening of the skin and may improve loose skin. These creams may provide a temporary boost to skin tightening and before using any of the creams you must consult your doctor to check any side effects.
Loose skin is a common problem faced when loosing a large amount of weight in a shorter period of time. Natural home remedies and keeping some useful points and factors may improve skin sagging. However, more significant weight loss may need body-contouring surgery or other medical procedures to tighten or get rid of loose skin.